Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The princess has arrived!




KAYLIE RAE MOWER...

So...I was dead set that I would not have Kaylie on my own. I was just sure I was going to have to be induced today. Saturday at about 11:00am, I started cramping and just kinda feeling uncomftorable. I thought is this going to lead to something? It kept up and moved to my back to the point where I couldn't walk, stand, lay, sit...nothing was comftorable. It lasted about another hour. I called my awesome sister, Marci and asked her what she thought. She thought I should go in and get checked. Of course Daniel was freaking out and thought I was going to pop her out right there. Anyway...I was sure I was not going to be admitted, but sent home and told to come back when my contractions were stronger.

When I arrived at the hospital, my doctor was actually in surgery doing a c-section. The nurses hooked me up to the monitors and I was having strong contractions pretty regularly. I was in a lot of pain, mostly in my back. When my doctor was done with the c-section, he came and checked me and I was a 3. He said I could go ahead and get my epidural now if I wanted to and they would keep me. Right then I just burst into tears...mostly glad he was keeping me, but freakin scared to death of what was about to come.

I must add this minor detail...I had called my mom that morning at about 10:00 and said I feel fine today, go ahead and go 4-wheeling at Butler and I'll call if anything happens. I could not get ahold of her! I was starting to freak out. I left her messages and told her to call as soon as she could.

Back to my epidural, it went great. It didn't hurt going in and I do dare say at the moment, the guy who did it was my best friend. I did not feel a thing throughout the rest of my labor. When the nurse told me I was "complete" and ready to push, I told Daniel he better call my mom and see where she was. She was in Wellington (about 10 min away) and was hurring!

I ended up pushing for 1 hr and 15min before she came out. I was amazed that I did not feel a thing. I was just sure it was going to be the worst experience of my life...but I dare say it was awesome.

She was born at 10:22pm on March 22nd. She weighed 7 lb 11 1/2 oz and was 21 inches long! Big girl!! She has chubby cheeks, a double chin and a mullet! :) We came home yesterday, Monday. We had a good night last night. She's really cathing on to breast feeding well. My mom is here for the week, bless her heart. I couldn't do it without her.

We'll do her first bath here in awhile...I'll update later and let ya know how it went. I'll also add more pictures.


6 comments:

jackster said...

Yea!!! You're a Mom :)!!! She is so cute, I love her little cheeks! I'm so glad everything went well. I don't blame you for being scared, I bet I'll be so freaked out too. We'll have to stop by on our next trip to Blanding.

Tiffany P. said...

She is beautiful ham. I'm so happy your epidural worked. I will never ever have another child if I have to do it totally natural again. I cannot wait to meet her.

Andy & Alicia said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! I didn't even know you had her til i read this. WOW she is soooo cute. I love how chubby she is. I am so proud of you guys. Congratulations. and tell Daniel I said congratas tohim too.! YAY!!

Erin said...

Congrats! She's so pretty. We're so excited for you guys!

Leslie Redd said...

Congrats Amber and Daniel!! I am sure you guys are just so excited.

Jeanine said...

Oh, I am so glad that everything went well. She is adorable. I don't blame you and I know the feeling. I was already in labor when I went to be induced but I didn't know it because it didn't hurt. He said they might send me home if the stuff didn't work, I was so glad it did. I KNEW I would cry if they sent me home. I told Nick I didn't want to leave and have to come back. Congrats!! You'll be a great mom!