Tuesday, August 3, 2010

2 weeks old already!



I love this little guy! He's such a sweet baby. I had forgotten how much fun newborns are. Even though there are many sleepless nights, it's all totally worth it.
We had a really rough nights where he was up pretty much all night. (Only slept on and off for 3 hrs). He would wake up just screaming and acting like he was in pain. The only thing I could think of was acid reflux. I took him in to our Pediatrician yesterday. He weighed 7lb 7oz at birth. Well yesterday he was 7lb 6oz! So sad. He said he should be around 7lb 14oz by now. I felt horrible. He felt he's not getting enough to eat so he's waking up hungry. So now I am nursing him on both sides, then offering a bottle. We did this last night and had a much better night. (That's why I am finally getting around to a post!) Anyway, things are great, we love our baby Parker and Kaylie is adjusting well. She loves him to death and is always looking out for him. We are so blessed to have him in our family!

*Birth story and hospital pics coming on next post :)

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Such a cutie! I'm sorry to hear about the reflux.:( Sounds like you're getting less sleep than me. I didn't think that was possible.:) Oh..now I have a goal to get Roman's birth story posted before you get yours posted because Roman's like a month older than Parker.

Andy & Alicia said...

SO cute!! I really want to see him and hold him. I hope that the bottle will help him gain some weight, and help you get some sleep.

The Braby Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Braby Family said...

Hey i happened to see your blog and just wanted to say that he is so adorable! Im so glad I got to see him & I bet he is getting so big already! Congratulations!