Friday, May 9, 2008

Fun times



We had Kaylie blessed last Sunday. Both our families came. It was so awesome to have them there to support us.




We got Kaylie a pad to lay on with toys above her. She loves it! She's just starting to touch the toys and make them rattle. She will lay there for hours and just stare at them. She had played so hard, she fell asleep. It was so cute!


Kaylie had been sleeping in our in her bassinet since she was born.My pediatrician told me to keep her in there until she is 6 months old. But I would wake up everytime she made a noise. She likes to grunt and make all sorts of noises while she is sleeping, so Daniel and I weren't sleeping very good. So...we decided to just try putting her in her crib. The frist night, it was really sad. I felt so bad for her, being in there all alone! Her room is just across the hall from ours, so she's not too far. I just felt so bad! She did soooo good. She has a mobile on her crib. She totally loves it! It's got little jungle animals and it makes all sort of noises and has lights. So she is now officially sleeping in her own room. I hear about kids sleeping with their parents until they are toddlers, so I'm pretty excited we will not be one of them. We are all sleeping much better now. She's getting on really good, consistent schedule, which is awesome! I can't believe how big she's getting. By the way, last week I had her weighed and she weighs 10lb 8oz! She's almost gained 3 lbs
since she was born!!






6 comments:

Janice Twitchell said...

She's sooooo cute Ham! It's awesome that you put her in her own room, I was living with in-laws the first 6 mos. of Cambri's life so she had to sleep in our room, and when she moved, I had a harder time than she did! It's nice to have your privacy back, even though she's just a baby. Her crib sheets are adorable!

jackster said...

Cute! Did you guys bless her in Price or Blanding?? Crazy how big she is already!

Grant and Jessie Pennington said...

Ham, thanks for the comment!! Kaylie is so stinkin cute! That is awesomet that you got her sleeping in her crib too! I definalty dont want to be one of those parents that has there babies sleep with them for forever either! Hey my address is
3921 Rochester Ave.
Farmington, NM
87402

Andy & Alicia said...

Good job with the update. She is so big. I love that she is already liking toys. That is a really cute picture of you, dan and Kaylie at her blessing. Where did you guys bless her?

lcdiaz said...

she is so cute! It's nice when you both can get some decent sleep. Time flys huh?

Sandi said...

She looks so cute in her little blessing dress. I love blessing days. Her crib is so cute too.