Sunday, June 22, 2008

HELP!!


Ok, I need some serious help here. As you can see, I have 4 DIFFERENT bottles here. Kaylie won't take any of them! I have spent so much time pumping milk, storing it, trying to feed her a bottle, and it's all a waste of time! I love breast feeding, but wow, I need a little break sometimes! I just got the one on the far right last week off the internet for like $20. I thought it was a great investment. All the reviews on it said it was great for babies who breast feed and won't take a bottle. I was so pumped when it arrived....then I tried it and wanted to cry.When we try to give her the bottle, Daniel does it, thinking she'll take it better from him. We tried for 2 hours the other day. I think all 3 of us were about to loose it! Her problem seems to be that she won't latch on. She just plays with it and moves it around in her mouth. So....if anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE help me out! I need some advice.

6 comments:

Erin said...

It sucks! I bought a ton of different bottles but it wasn't very successful. I think when Ava was about 5 months old we started giving her a sippy cup. There are ones that have the soft spout and that was the only thing that worked. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Andy & Alicia said...

Oh Ham, I'm so sorry! I wish I could help, but obviously I don't have any experience. Maybe if you keep trying and just try a little bit everyday, or when she is really super hungary, it will work. Good Luck!

Tiffany P. said...

Hey Amber! Breastfeeding can be super demanding and it would be nice to share the job with your husband, BUT Cash never, ever, ever would either. I would pump before going to class and he would take a bottle the first 3 months or so, but after that he was set in his booby ways. Sorry, I just don't know if you're going to have any luck. Once they've had the breast, they dont wanna mess with anything else. Good job though, you're a great mommy.

Jens and Patricia said...

ya know I am not sure if I have much advice because every baby is different but I have to pump cuz I work and Baylor has done pretty good with the bottle but I don't know if your baby takes a binky but if she does maybe you could try giving her a binky when she is hungry and when she starts sucking hurry and pull it out and switch it for the bottle, it will throw her off and maybe she will think it's okay. Other than that, I don't really know what to tell you! Good luck though sounds like you are doing great!!

Jinger said...

Hi Am! It was so fun to get a post from you on our blog! I just added you to ours and I can't wait to keep in touch better! Your blog is so stinkin' cute! And your baby is adorable. I wish I could help you with this post, but as we both know, I'm clueless on this one! So fun to hear from you! I'll keep up on your blog too! Love ya!

Janice Twitchell said...

seriously sucks ham. I'm so sorry! I would guess that (if this is the first time you've tried to give her the bottle) she's already used to the breast and is confused because it fits differently in her mouth. Cambri had the same problem and that's what the pediatrician told me. I agree with Erin on the sippy thing, I gave one to Cambri when she was 5 months, it's the Nuby brand with the soft tip and she did great. One thing the Ped. told me to get her to take the bottle was try and squeeze a little of the milk in her mouth from the bottle and also put some of it on the bottle nipple, then she would taste it and dig in. I also tried that and it worked. Hope this helps. No worries though, you're a great mom!