Friday, June 27, 2008

Home Sweet Home


This is our house that Daniel built. We started last July and finished this March, just before Kaylie was born. We built it as a "spec" house, which means we planned on selling it when it was complete. It's a great investment and a good way to make some good money. So, most times when people do this, they move into the house for awhile until it sells. I was totally stoked to move into a new house with a new baby. Well, the whole time we were building, this guy kept coming by and asking if it was for sell. Anyway, he ended up buying it before it was done, which means we didn't get to move in :( . It's such a nice house. This picture doesn't do it justice. I love the front entry way and the timber truce. The inside is amazing. Once they got the cabinets in, I couldn't go in anymore. It just made me cry, cause it was supposed to be my house, at least for awhile. Daniel totally built it himself. His dad helped a ton, but we didn't sub it out, he built it! I'm so proud of him. Who just decides to build a house and figures out how to do it?! When I ask him how in the heck be built a house, he says, "You just do it." So yea, I'm still in a tiny 2 bedroom apt, watching the family move into my house. It's been way hard, but I just have to remember we made good money, so I guess it was worth it.

10 comments:

Skelley Family said...

Wow! It is beautiful! I can totally see how it would be hard for you. Plus, your husband built it and totally invested himself in it. He did a great job. Sometimes we have to sacrifice the things we love most for the things that are in the future that we have no idea what! Hang in there!

Janice Twitchell said...

Ham that is a gorgeous house! Dano did a great job! He sounds a lot like Cole, he built our house by himself, with help from his dad and friend, but he just "did it" too. They're crazy! I didn't understand half of it!
Cole had a conference for Garkane (power co. he works for) down in Florida and we had a vacation package in Daytona beach for 2 days, so I told him I was going with and we stayed for a week! I was fun! I regret not finishing nursing school, but I am planning on going back when my kids are a little bigger, for now, I'm going to just stay home, it killed me leaving cambri for a week! but I wish I was already finished and earning the big bucks. you're smart that you finished!

lcdiaz said...

That stinks dude. But work hard spending that extra loot! :) How's the bottle thing workin out? did you find something that works?

Cheyn said...

ham that is a very pretty house. impressive by daniel. Is he gonna build another one?

Andy & Alicia said...

That is the first picture I've seen of the house. It's really pretty/nice. I would so devastated (like you) if I didn't ever get to live in it. But at least you know Daniel can do it, and that he will build you another one someday. Plus who doesn't love money?!

Ginger said...

Hi Amber, I came across your blog, hope you don't think it's weird that I'm commenting. But your mom called me about land last week and said that you guys were maybe going to build another home. I forgot to tell her that we design/draft house plans that you can look at in 3-D if you're interested. It does look like you left (sort of) a beautiful home.

Sandi said...

I love this house! Daniel did a good job. I would be sad too if I couldn't live in it. Maybe one day he'll build you one even more beautiful:)
I'm sad we won't be able to see you as often. Leaving your parents as neighbors was one of the hardest things for us in this move. Tall them hi for us and we already miss them.

Mal said...

The house is awesome, I really love it and would be so bummed too. I am very impressed with his building skills! Hey do you know of anyone in Price that is looking for an apartment? My grandma is looking for someone. I know she probably wouldn't charge very much for rent if any, mainly she just wants someone nice that will help with her house and yard. Let me know if you know anyone!

Laici said...

I love it! That's awesome that he built that, and real sad you don't get to live in it, but the money will help you build your own!! That's what Tye is doing right now also. It's a lot of hard work. Hey, what color of stone did you guys use on that? I love it and if you don't mind would like to look into it for our house.

Mal said...

Hey, it's a one bedroom one bath. And they are putting in new flooring. My mom just told me she is pretty sure there would be no rent, my grandma is just looking for someone to help take care of her house and her yard. So she would just have like a certain amount of hours each week or something. And also maybe some of the utilities. So if you know of anyone that would like to do that then let me know!