Saturday, January 24, 2009

10 MONTHS!!!

Is my baby really 10 months old? I honestly can not believe it. Everyone says time flies so enjoy every minute of it...but wow, I just don't know where the time has gone! I absolutely LOVE being a mom. I don't know if there is any greater calling than motherhood. I am so blessed to have Kaylie in my life! I love this pic of her cute bum!! She's standing there, holding onto her toy watching cartoons.
Still watching cartoons. I tried to ger her attention long enough to snap a photo, but this is all I got!


So her knee pads are awesome! I didn't put them on her for awhile, just cause I didn't really know if she needed them. The other night I had her in the tub and was washing her legs...she had bruises on her knees!! I felt so bad. So now she wears them, pretty much all day. She is crawling around EVERYWHERE!! I think the bruises came from her crawling on the tile in the kitchen when I'm in there cleaning or cooking. She has some number and letter magnets on the fridge that she loves to play with while I'm in there. Sometimes I go to change her diaper and get surprised when I see the knee pads, cause I forget they are on. I think she looks so silly! Unlce Tay thinks they are retarded. Personally, I think they're a good idea. Marci says we're preppin her to be a volleyball player! :)

This was taken on the day that she was 10 months. I love her little tongue sticking out thing. She has been doing it the past few days and it's so funny. She'll do it for pics, when she's playing or when she's concentrating on something.

She loves to pull herself up onto everything...especially daddy's new TV! She'll just pull herself up there and watch it. She also loves to pull off the x-box paddles(yes Jackie, they are paddles!!), the dvd player and anything on the shelves. I think Daniel will flip out the day she actually touches the TV screen!


We decided to get out her "big girl" car seat and see how she likes it. She loves it! When we're in the car, she's usually sleeping or sassing. I think she just couldn't see and wanted to sit up and enjoy the scenery! So she does much better in this one. We got a DVD player for the car for Christmas, so I'm excited to use it. She'll love it.
She is hanging on for dear life!! She gets into my pantry and hangs onto the shelves. She likes to play with all the plastic sacks in there.
I can't decide if she is starting to look like me?? Since day 1 everyone has said she looks like her daddy. I think she may have my nose....don't know!
My parents came up a last weekend and stayed with us. We went to Fat Cats bowling, had some yummy navajo tacos at Marci's and just had fun hanging out. My sweet dad bought me, Marci and Cath some roses. How sweet is that??? I loved them. I love getting flowers, but agree with Daniel that they are kinda a waste of money since they die so fast. So....I always get pumped when I get flowers. Thanks dad, I love ya!!!
We've had a busy week....actually a week filled with sickness. Kaylie had a double ear infection, red/sore throat, and pink eye in both eyes! I was hesitant to take her to the Doc because sometimes I feel like because I'm a nurse, I'm a little over-cautious and freak out about everything. But I knew something was really wrong because she was up all night and would nurse, then just pull off and start screaming. It was sad. So we got her into the Doc and got her some Amoxicillin. She's doing much better now. Daniel and I have the cold/ congestion crap going on, but doing better. Kaylie got her top right tooth yesterday! I've been watching it for awhile, I knew it was coming. I'm so glad it finally broke through.
Yesterday Marci called me and that Daniel and I needed to go on a date. She said Kaylie is 10 months old and you guys haven't been on a date since she was born! And that's the truth....we've never left her. I've been away from her for 6 hours at a time....max. So Marci and Tay watched Kaylie while Daniel and I went to Olive Garden. Soooo yummy. Even though we had to wait 45 min to get a table, it was worth it. Thanks so much Marci, we really needed that! We had such a great night!!

12 comments:

Janice Twitchell said...

Wow! I can't believe she is 10 months old either. I have always thought she looks a lot like you and your family! So there's one person! :o) She is so beautiful Ham. I'm glad you got a date in. those come way too far and in between. Or however that saying goes!

Jessie said...

She is such a doll!! I love all of her expressions! 10 months old already! That is nuts!

Im glad you guys got the chance to go on a date night! I know what you mean about not leaving your baby. Grant and I always have Crew with us and often joke about leaving Crew with our dogs to babysit him.

I cant believe that Kaylie had pink eye in both eyes and a double ear infection!! Sick babies = NO FUN!!

Also, I am loving the big girl car seat! It will be a good day when we can face Crew forward in his car seat also. Much easier to entertain if you can actually see them while your driving.

Jens and Patricia said...

What a cutie! I think she looks like you but I think she looks like Daniel too. Time flies so fast it's crazy. I am glad you are enjoying being a mom, it is truly the greatest thing ever!

Jonathonandaudrey said...

I'm glad she's feeling better! It stinks so bad when they get sick.. She is so so cute and I think she looks like you :) Yeah time does fly by..it's so crazy.. So how's the business coming along? Ours is going good.. Jonathon is excited to start their first government job in Denver at the beginning of Feb. We are moving to Draper then too! So we will have to get together sometime.

Mal said...

She is getting so big! I really don't know who she looks- I never can tell with any babies. All I know is that she is adorable! Hope everyone gets feeling better!

Tiffany P. said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA ... those knee pads are hilarious. seriuosly. who even knew they made those? you're a good mommy ham.

Michelle Morse said...

She is so cute! I love that yellow flower head band on her:) Taj is in to watching cartoons too, especially Spongebob Squarepants. He must love the colors and the funny noises or something. Everyone says that Taj looks just like his daddy. I still think he has my hair though. Oh well. I love him all the same:)

lcdiaz said...

She is so cute and I can't believe that she is 10 months!! I gotta say I love the one of her in front of the HUGE tv...thats my kind of girl :) I''m glad that you guys got to have a date night....that's always nice. Hope she feels better :)

Sandi said...

Time really does go by fast. It feels like you were just pregnant hoping for early labor:)
Kaylie is so cute! I can tell she has such a fun personality.

Andy & Alicia said...

She is so cute! I love all of her smiles in those pictures. Sorry, but I think she looks so much like Daniel. But I for sure see you in her too. When I first saw the knee pads I thought they were a part of her outfit. haha! Love it!

Laici said...

Way cute Amber! I love the knee pads, what a good idea! I also love the tongue hanging out, Jacelyn didn't have a picture without her tongue hanging out for a period of like 6 months, so good luck with that! :) Pink Roses and Dates are GREAT! Sick kids ARE NOT!

Skelley Family said...

She is definitely a Ham! Such a cutie. How are you guys anyway? We miss ya!