Friday, March 27, 2009

1st Birthday Party!!




She loved her cake! I thought she'd dig in, but holy crap, I didn't think she'd like devour the whole thing! She had frosting all over her body. From her head to toes! The frosting kinda stained her body, but she didn't mind!












As you can see, my cakin-making skills aren't the best. I actually were impressed with this lady bug. It turned out better than I thought.


This is her first dolly. She loves it. She'll pack it around with her everywhere she goes. She loves to play with the eyes and give her kisses. So cute.
This little pink car makes all these loud noises and drives all over the place. She was kinda scared of it at first, but she likes it now.

We got her this car that she can push around and we can also push her in it. I really like it cuz it has a seat belt, so I can strap her down and she can't get out! She loves it. I'll put her in it while I'm cleaning the kitchen and just push her around everywhere I go.
She'll just sit in it for hours. She watches cartoons in it, eats snacks, and helps mom clean the house. She just loves it!

Grandma Mower brought Kaylie a bag of clothes from Old Navy for her Birthday. She was so cute with them. She would pull them out and look at them all. She was so cute. It was such a fun birthday! I CAN NOT believe she is ONE YEAR OLD!!! It's just insane that I have a 1 year old. I can't get over it. Her birthday was on Sunday...at church we were singing "Because I have been given much" and I just looked down at her and totally felt so grateful for her! I have always loved that song, but never really thought about it like that. I truly am blessed to have such a sweet daughter. I don't know why I am so lucky to have her, but she truly is the biggest blessing ever! She makes me so happy. I look forward to each day to see what new things she will do! We had a great birthday and can't wait for many more to come!! Love you Kaylie Rae!!

11 comments:

Janice Twitchell said...

oh my gosh! her cake is everywhere! I love that you let her do that! Cambri just devoured hers too! she had hers everywhere too! great pics for later on years! it's weird how fast time flashes by when you have kids. you want to keep them in certain stages for longer but you're also so glad that you get to see the new ones and the new things they learn. she is so freakin adorable! glad she had a great birthday!

Jens and Patricia said...

I loved your cake, you did a great job on it! I love her frosting covering everywhere too. She is such a cutie. I love this age it is so much fun. They start interacting and understanding SO much more it is the best!

lcdiaz said...

YAY!! Happy Birthday Kaylie! It looked like she had an awesome birthday! The cake looked aweseom...good work. Time flies, but its soo fun!

Bryan and Christy Clark said...

Oh my gosh! Look at that cake all over her! Cute! I wanted a picture like that on Ethan's birthday, but he just cried the whole time and hated his cake. =( They grow up so fast! He is going to be 2 in a week and half and I feel like you, I can't believe I have a 2 YEAR OLD!!!!!!

Andy & Alicia said...

Holy Cow! Those pictures are so funny. It looks like you painted her pink. She is so funny and such a cutie. I think your cake-makin skills are awesome. She has the prettiest eyes. Happy Birthday Kaylie!

Jonathonandaudrey said...

How freakin cute! I love the pink frosting all over her :)

Brittany said...

Oh how cute!!! She totally devoured that pink cake!! Yummy!! She is such a cute little girl! Happy birthday to Kaylie!

Laici said...

Those pictures are priceless! I love how messy she got, it just makes you imagine how much she enjoyed that cake! (VERY cute, btw) Her presents seem to be a huge success. There's nothing better than being able to give your kids something they truly enjoy. Good job mom!

Skelley Family said...

That's what I call a PARTY! Kaylie sure know's how to dig in! I love it! Wow! I am surprized that it all went by so fast.....1 year old! Congrats to the parents, you guys made it through, it's all up hill from here! Ha! Anyhow, we love you guys!

Jessie said...

Wowzers! One year!!

Look at her with all that frosting everywhere! I love it!!

taylor & marci black family said...

I flipping love my Boo! I took some good pics huh! Ha ha. She was such a crack up with her cake! I loved it!!! She put on a good show for everyone. Jayden thought she was SO funny! I loved that he just sat there and laughed and then she would do it more!!! I am excited to see you guys for conference tomorrow!